Amanda Bartram, Katie Ashmead & Lisa Burman
About the instructor
Amanda, Katie and Lisa collaborate as the core team of consultants at Lisa Burman Consultants. They connected over their shared belief that every child is born capable of learning, rich with potential and the ability for creative and critical thinking. On many a day, you will find them sitting alongside young writers, in preschools and primary schools, as they model, coach and support educators to develop the craft of teaching young writers.
Calling all teachers of young writers!
Are you looking for new mentor texts to teach with?
Do you want to harness the power of “Your Stack”?
Then join us for an hour-long informal chat, where Lisa, Amanda and Katie each share a Stack and what they would teach with it.
How does it work?
- Each Chat will be framed around a particular Spotlight Study/Unit of Study
- We’ll each share our Stack and why we chose each text
- Each of us will focus on a particular age group of writers:
- Foundation (first year of primary) and Year 1
- Year 2 and 3.
- A chance for some Q&A at the end
Who is this suited to?
- Educators working with young writers aged 3 to 9 (initially…we may expand to older writers at some stage too).
- Educators who have some background with Writing Workshop/Bookmaking.